Sunday, February 06, 2005

Sweetest VOIP Phone I've Seen Yet

The Broadband Phone

It seems that AT&T Research Cambridge (the same guys that brought you VNC) was working on some sweet VOIP phones. On their closure The LCE Sentient Computing Environment got their hands on 70 of those phones. Excerpt:


The Broadband Phone (BBPhone) is basically a Strong-ARM 1100, with 8MB of flash, 32MB of RAM, touchscreen, 10Mbps Ethernet and a sound card running a derivative of the Linux 2.2 kernel.

In the summer of 2003, I took it upon myself to make these phones functional. The results of this exercise are documented in the following sections.


They explain how they got those phones to work properly here. I hope that one day something like this is released to the general public. I wouldn't mind hooking up my house with these babies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home