Monday, November 29, 2004

Kanye West, the experience

Yesterday (Saturday) I went to see Kanye West at the Heineken Music Hall. Here follows a short review of the show:

Kanye West

The concert was featuring Talib Kweli. Because of certain circumstances I missed most of it and only saw the last 10 minutes. However I must say it was OK. As it was only 10 minutes I can't properly review his performance. I was REALLY looking forward to seeing him (more the Kanye West) but alas. Maybe next time.

Talib Kweli

Kanye West was OK. While his flow sounded different (duh, his jaw isn't wired shut anymore), he was (as expected) an average rapper. The show he put on was nice. Not too much vulgarity or bling bling and no G-Unit style gun samples (grow up please). Also there was a small dose of humor.

While the material wasn't very original (only stuff from his album) this is to be expected. What wasn't expected was that he did a small freestyle. While it didn't knock my socks off it wasn't bad either. A pleasant surprise.

The DJ was a guy named A-Trak. Apparently he's the 4time world champion. He also showed his skillz solo for some 10 minutes. I have only one word for what I heard: Flawless. This kid's got skillz. If he every plays anywhere near here, I'm there.

Overal for lack of a better word, an OK show. Especially considering the price (10 euros). While not being a super duper fan of Kanye I don't regret going there. A well deserved 7.5/10. If he's ever in your town and you have nothing to do, check him out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home